Xcambo liquid salt spray comes from the Yucatán region of Mexico where it is hand harvested in one of the most unique ecosystems in the world. We are honored to bring you a product designed to enhance your dishes and drinks in a healthy way.
- Xcambó geology is the result of the impact of an asteroid which caused a massive cataclysm 66 million years ago and resulted in the Chicxulub Crater in the Yucatán Peninsula.
- The asteroid created the “Ring of Sinkholes” and set limestone pools open to the sky.
- This unusual ecosystem allowed the Mayans to harvest the salt when the rain water in the vast system of pools evaporated naturally.
- Shaped by nature, when the lagoons are flooded, the salt crystallizes in large lumps, even forming small pyramids.
- Ingredients: Saturated solution of unrefined salt. Rich in trace minerals (more nutrients than table salt). Low sodium without unnatural additives.
- Subtle alternative way to enhance the most ordinary recipes into sublime taste sensations. Just spray on a hint of flavor!
Spray Salt Applications
- Finishing salt to be sprayed on the same way you would use regular salt (before and after cooking). Designed to enhance flavor and texture.
- The 3 fl oz (90 ml) spray bottle packaging allows the salt to be dispensed uniformly, drastically reducing excess salt.
Infused finishing salts to enhance your dishes and drinks. 3-6 sprays are recommended, which reduces sodium consumption by 90%compared to a pinch of salt.
- Regular Salt = 780 mg sodium per ¼ tsp
- Xcambó Liquid Salt = 29 mg sodium per spray
- Turmeric: Improve any Asian dishes, Indian cuisine, and vegan dishes.
- Vanilla: Experience a vibrant taste and aroma. Delicately accents steaks or deserts.
- Tequila: Bring an unexpected embellishment of flavor to Mexican dishes and drinks.
- Rosemary: The aroma will penetrate deep inside veal, chicken or lamb.
- Citrus: Bright and refreshing. Finish salmon and toss into salads for added complexity.
- Natural: Enjoy it as a finishing salt. Achieve full flavor potential with this natural moisture.
More Flavor Pairings
- Garlic: Use as an easy alternative to crushed garlic with a fresh taste and aroma.
- Cacao: Deep flavor of cacao and cardamom for deserts and drinks.
- Hibiscus: A spicy fusion with a mild taste; it is great on fish, poultry and salads.
- Mezcal: Tastes wonderful with its smoky aroma. Try with steaks, hamburgers, or ribs.
- Habanero: Turn up the heat with habanero. Add to any dish that needs an extra kick!
- Black: Add color, texture, and complexity to bring seafood and meat dishes a new level of elegance.